Setting up Microsoft Outlook 2007 is very straightforward. The instructions below may appear long, but providing you proceed through them carefully one step at a time, you should not encounter any problems.
Before you start…
Before you can set up your Outlook 2007 you must have created a mailbox using our UKServers Account Manager. You will need the Mailbox name and Password from when you set up your mailbox. The mailbox name is the same as the email address for the mailbox, and the password is what you set when you created the mailbox.
1. Click on the Tools menu in Microsoft Outlook 2007 and select Account Settings….
2. On the E-mail tab click the New... button.
3. Choose Internet E-mail for service type and click Next to continue.
4. You should now have reached the main settings page, this needs to be filled in carefully with the information for our servers and your account. Our server names are always:
mail.ukservers.net for Incoming mail
smtp.ukservers.net for Outgoing mail
You will also need to enter your email address details, your logon User Name (Same as your email address – you can find this in your Account Manager on the Email settings page), and the Logon Password (you set this in the Account Manager when you enabled the Mailbox).
Fill in this page, but before you click the Next button you should click the More Settings… button, then click the Outgoing Server settings tab, and then enable the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox:
5. Most ISP’s unfortunately re-route mail on port 25 to their servers so we recommend not using port 25 and using port 225 instead. To do this, click the Advanced Tab and change the Outgoing server port from 25 to 225 then click the OK button.
6. You should now be back at Internet E-mail Settings page. You can now click the Next button. You may get another prompt asking what connection you wish to use, you can probably leave this set as it is.
7. Once you reach the Finished page, your setup is now complete! Try sending yourself a test message if your domain is working (remember domains take 24 hours to start working after registration, or 24-48 hours to work fully after a transfer has completed).
For further information on using Microsoft Outlook 2007 please consult the user manual that came with the product, or use the built in help function. Unfortunately we cannot provide support in the use of this product.