Setting up Windows Phone to use our mailboxes is relatively straightforward. The instructions below may appear long, but providing you proceed through them carefully one step at a time, you should not encounter any problems.
Before you start…
Before you can set up your Windows Phone you must have created a mailbox using our UKServers Account Manager. You will need the Mailbox name and Password from when you set up your mailbox. The mailbox name is the same as the email address for the mailbox, and the password is what you set when you created the mailbox.
Note: You may need to make sure messages are kept on the server for so long (By default most mail clients like Outlook, Outlook Express delete messages as soon as they are read leaving your server mailbox empty). If you read your mailbox with a POP client then you can change the ‘Delete after reading’ to ‘Delete after x-days’ in your mail clients Advanced Settings.
1. On Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings, and then tap Email & accounts.
2. Tap Add an account > Other account.
3. Tap the Email address box, and then type your email address.
4. Tap the Password box, and then type your mailbox password.
5. Tap Sign in.
6. Unfortunately the settings once be found automatically so tap Advanced to continue.
7. Tap Internet email account.
8. Now enter the following details for each of these fields in bold:
- Account name – Enter a description for this account.
- Your name – This is the name that will appear for the email messages that you send.
- Incoming email server – Enter: mail.ukservers.net
- Account type – Tap IMAP4
- User name – Enter your full email address.
- Password – Enter your mailbox password (this will be case sensitive).
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server – Enter: smtp.ukservers.net
- Outgoing server requires authentication – Answer: Yes
- Use the same user name and password for sending email – Answer: Yes
9. Tap Sign-in. Account should be setup.